Berks Opera 2021-22 Events!
• "When the Darkness Came" was a collaborative presentation of Albright College and Berks Opera Company, as part of Violins of Hope Reading. French immigrant, Francine Black narrated her family's experience: a remarkable story of love, loss, and survival through the eyes of her parents and uncle as they experienced Sobibor, Treblinka, Terezin, work camps, and POW camps. It was presented in Albright College's Wachovia Theater on November 10, 2021 at 7:30pm with the Albright's Lion Chorale, John Pankratz, cello, Neil Hoffmann, basset horn, Tamara Black, soprano, and visual design by Cocol Bernal.
• Berks Opera was proud to collaborate with Yocum Institute for Arts Education and the Reading Public Library for a FREE Berks Jazz Fest local performance of the children's opera "The Three Little Pigs", on the RPL's front steps Friday August 20th. Music by W.A. Mozart and text by John Davies. WATCH the performance on YouTube!
Thank you to our event sponsors Customers Bank and Enersys.
Thank you to Board Member Michael Feeney for sponsoring Sweet Ride Ice Cream, serving up free kids scoops to the first 100 in attendance!
• We have received grant funding to move forward with our ARIA vocal workshop with Tower Health Respiratory Therapists. LEARN MORE!
• "Unleashing Your Inner Opera Fan" continues Friday November 5th at the Wyomissing Public Library. Strauss's Die Fledermaus will be the subject of the presentation with soprano Mary McCormick and Caleb Flick, piano. Call Berks Opera at 484-752-2462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve! Full Season details LEARN MORE! Register to LIVESTREAM + get 10% off (Coming SOON)
• Coming Spring 2022 Composer Chris Heslop is working with librettist Vicki Haller Graff to bring a unique experience to our community paying homage to our local history!
“These Valleys and Mountains: Berks Legends”
Friday, June 17th, 2022
Miller Center for the Arts
Reading Area Community College, Reading, PA
WATCH our creative team discuss the working process of creating a
new opera for next season!
Berks Opera Company receives state arts funding support through a grant from the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, a state agency funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.
Check out our YouTube page for our BCTV Program Archive!
Berks Opera Company is a fictitious name owned by Berks Opera Workshop, a Pennsylvania nonprofit corporation and tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization.
Berks Opera Company • P. O. Box 251 • Reading, PA 19603 • email@example.com • 484.752.2462
Education & Outreach
We host educational opportunities for local youth through partnerships with Olivet Boys and Girls Club Pal Center for the Arts and our exclusive BOAST and BOOT programs. Learn more.
Basso Jeremy Galyon, who has sung in many of Berks Opera performances, has offered a performance in Jeri’s memory of An die Musik, by Franz Shubert, a song dedicated to the art of music itself.
Gracious art, in how many bleak hours,
And amid life’s wild confusion,
Have you warmed my heart with love,
And transported me to a better world!
Often a sigh from your harp,
A sweet, holy sound,
Has opened a heaven of happier times for me.
Gracious art, I thank you!
Jeri’s love and appreciation for music extended also to chamber music. Donations in her memory may be mailed to The Friends of Chamber Music of Reading, Inc., P.O. Box 15205, Reading, PA 19612 or made via their website.
❤️ Berks Opera Company
Since 2008, Berks Opera Company has been connecting the Berks County region with the power of opera and the positive impact of the arts on our local community by advancing the development of young singers and by cultivating astute, appreciative, and adventurous audiences.
Production photography by John Robert Pankratz
Berks Opera Company recently received a grant from the Arthur Judson Foundation for the Spring 2022 production " These Valleys and Mountains: Berks Legends".
Berks Opera brings arts and entertainment out to the community with engaging and creative concerts and performances! Learn more.