Basso Jeremy Galyon, who has sung in many of Berks Opera performances, has offered a performance in Jeri’s memory of An die Musik, by Franz Shubert, a song dedicated to the art of music itself.
Gracious art, in how many bleak hours,
And amid life’s wild confusion,
Have you warmed my heart with love,
And transported me to a better world!
Often a sigh from your harp,
A sweet, holy sound,
Has opened a heaven of happier times for me.
Gracious art, I thank you!
Jeri’s love and appreciation for music extended also to chamber music. Donations in her memory may be mailed to The Friends of Chamber Music of Reading, Inc., P.O. Box 15205, Reading, PA 19612 or made via their website.
❤️ Berks Opera Company
Education & Outreach
We host educational opportunities for local youth through partnerships with Olivet Boys and Girls Club Pal Center for the Arts and our exclusive BOAST and BOOT programs. Learn more.
Production photography by John Robert Pankratz
Berks Opera Company receives state arts funding support through a grant from the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, a state agency funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.
Tentative 2021 Events!
• Berks Opera on BCTV. Join us on the July Berks Arts Council Program airing Monday, July 5th at 7pm. Stream on the BCTV website or view later on YouTube.
• Berks Opera is collaborating with Berks Arts Council's Bandshell Summer Concert Series in Reading's City Park. Our artists will be presenting pre-show on Friday, July 30th at 6:15pm. Follow us on Facebook for further updates!
• In partnership with Yocum institute and Reading Public Library, Berks Opera is poised to present "Three Little Pigs" on the RPL's front steps Friday August 20th at 4pm. This grant funded project is free & open to the public. R.S.V.P on Facebook!
• We have received grant funding to move forward with our ARIA vocal workshop with Tower Health Respiratory Therapists. Stay tuned for developments.
• Coming in 2022 -- The return of our Opera Philadelphia Day trips with AAA Reading/Berks, plus a new original opera of local historical interest!
WE WERE FEATURED --- Opus One: Berks Chamber Choir Podcast OCTAVIO EP:2 |5/1/2021
In this episode, they will be discussing how ensembles cope with difficult circumstances - whether that be the programming of insensitive repertoire or handling questionable and sometimes illegal activities by leaders in the artistic world. How does perception influence legacy? How does legacy influence perception? Our guests include Tammy Black (Executive Director of Berks Opera / Instructor of Music at Albright College), David Richie (President of Berks Opera), and Dr. Justin Vickers (Associate Professor of Music at Illinois State University).
Hosts: Christopher Hoster & Debbi Silas
En Bateau from 'Petite Suite' by Debussy
Brindisi from La Traviata by Verdi
Two Chorales from St. John Passion by Bach
For more information about Opus One: Berks Chamber Choir, visit: www.OpusOneChamberChoir.com
Since 2008, Berks Opera Company has been connecting the Berks County region with the power of opera and the positive impact of the arts on our local community by advancing the development of young singers and by cultivating astute, appreciative, and adventurous audiences.
Check out our YouTube page for our BCTV Program Archive!
Berks Opera brings arts and entertainment out to the community with engaging and creative concerts and performances! Learn more.
Berks Opera Company is a fictitious name owned by Berks Opera Workshop, a Pennsylvania nonprofit corporation and tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization.
Berks Opera Company • P. O. Box 251 • Reading, PA 19603 • email@example.com • 484.752.2462